So I didn't get our Christmas letter out to all friends and family because we just couldn't afford that many stamps to mail all the letters. Hopefully this year we can get them out and on time! So here is the letter for those of you that didn't get a chance to receive it.
Happy Holidays From The Mayes Family 2008
Hello family and friends! So it seems it is that time of year again when you all get to hear from the Mayes family and what we have been up to this year. Well as I mentioned last year Matthew and I bought a house in October last year so we have been in our home for a little over a year now and can’t believe how fast the time went by. Since our house payment is less than what we were ever paying for rent we haven’t really had to adjust that much to a house payment. It has been really nice to have our own space once again, where I can decorate and make meals for my family. I have tried many new recipes this year to which Matthew has enjoyed. With the change in the economy this year I am sure many of you have struggled as we have and have had to tighten the strings on our budget a little more. All I can say is that this year will be memorable for many reasons and hope that we only continue to look forward and grow through each decision we make. We have been so blessed this year and here is what happened:
In April we celebrated Tristan’s 1st birthday and it was so much fun! Some of his favorite items he got were a car he can sit in and we can push him, and he got a couple of throwing balls. He loves to play catch and just recently he has grown to have a love for trucks, particularly the Cat brand. He already has a dump truck and a bull dozer and we plan to get him more for Christmas. It has been so fun to watch him grow. Learning how to walk and then talk and now he is trying to carry on a conversation with you. He is getting to be so smart and really comprehends and tries to take in everything you say to him. We have been so blessed to have such a handsome, smart little boy..
Matthew is still working for his dad drilling water wells. It has been an interesting year with break downs and repairs; however they managed to make everything work out just fine. With the winter/slow season upon us it is giving Matthew a chance to find something to keep him busy and find the things he is interested in. He has been busy doing things around the house such as switching out all the bulbs and putting in energy saver bulbs, building coat racks, making space for food storage, and building Tristan his very own toy box and the list goes on and on. He has also been busy playing and doing the things he loves to do such as hunting, hiking, four wheeling and playing with Tristan. Tristan has become quite the daddy and papa’s boy lately.
As for me I quit my job in May right before Memorial weekend to stay at home with Tristan. This was a difficult decision for us to make but it has been the best decision we have made. I enjoy being a working stay at home mom. I watch Chandra and George’s 2 youngest girls on Tuesdays and Thursdays and I work my Mary Kay business on the other days except for Sunday. I got the privilege to go to a Mary Kay retreat in October and I had a great time. We were on a ranch in the
This summer we managed to make a couple of purchases we both have wanted First, we purchased a new four wheeler, a 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700. This has been so fun to ride on, and let me tell you that every time Matthew fires up the quad Tristan needs to be on it! Yes our 20 month old son is addicted to quads! (And therefore anything else that his dad does) After all he should be since he has been on them since he was about a month old! Anyways, our second purchase was a 2004 Toyota Sequoia. This has been a great purchase as well, quite a step up from the little Honda Accord. We got such a great deal on it and couldn’t pass it up. We love all the room it has and we are able to take our friends/family with us when we go on road trips or vacations, or even car pooling around town and we even fit 8 people comfortably with a car seat! It has also come in handy on Young Women’s night when I have to pack my car full of teenage girls when our activity is away from the church!
We have a family blog that I update regularly with pictures and what is going on with our family, check it out at www.1amayznfam.blogspot.com and please feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear from you all and even if you don’t have a blog of your own you can still leave comments.
As this year comes to an end during this holiday season we hope your hearts are filled with love and joy. May you remember the Savior’s birth and that he is the reason we celebrate at this time. May he bless you all in this next year to come.
All our love,
Matthew, Stacy and Tristan
No comments:
Post a Comment